Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 14th

Welp, it´s officially my last day in the MTC!!! O my goodness I am so pumped. Sister LaRue and I took Sister Bonner to the travel office at 3am this morning and saying goodbye was hard, but were all just pretty excited. I got to say bye to Elder Rodee too, we both agreed a handshake really just doesn´t cut it on goodbye sometimes. I got a picture with him that I´m sending you guys this week. Sister LaRue and I are definitely at the so excited we could die state. This week there were some freak out moments where we felt unprepared, but now we´re feeling awesome. Today will mostly be spent doing laundry, writing, packing, and cleaning. You know how much I love packing notworthit. (ps the hashtag button on this keyboard doesn´t work! Tragedy!) Dad- I am so sad to hear that the cars are officially gone. We had such memories working on those together, I will always cherish them. I´m sorry that our plaque made your super cool coldplay tickets anti-climactic. I am very jealous you guys are going to the show. Celebrate in my honor since it´s near my birthday! Also, I´m sorry I haven´t gotten my Mother´s day card to you yet, it is on the way this week. It was a pretty great week here though, lots of learning and goodbyes, totally crazy that we are finally at the end of our time here. I have such a hard time with goodbyes, but we´re all just so excited. So we leave the MTC at 8am tomorrow and so I should be calling around 10:30 Texas time! I am son excited to talk to you guys. I will probably be calling Mom´s phone so just be aware. So, some spiritual things from this week. We had a devotional on Tuesday and D. Todd Christofferson came with his wife! It was SO AWESOME. Like amazing. Sister Christofferson talked a lot about charity and love, it was beautiful. Elder Christofferson talked with us about the Doctrine of Christ and how it is a manifestation of divine love. We spent a lot of time in the scriptures (2 Nephi 31:5-21, 3 Nephi 11:31-41, and 3 Nephi 27:13-20). We broke down the role of the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father in the Doctrine of Christ, it was so so cool. The last thing he talked about was how the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve have called missionaries to help in spreading the gospel message and that we share their commission. How cool is that?! He talked about how we stand shoulder to shoulder together as companions under Christ. It was powerful. Well I´m out of time, I love you all so much and I am SO EXCITED to talk to you tomorrow. I love my mission so much and it´s only been 3 weeks, the next 17 months are going to be amazing. Sister Ellingson ps- shout outs to Tara Anderson, Aunt Suzanne and Meggie for letters this week! pps- shout out to Brian Walton who I saw like 12 times this week since he works at the MTC! Crazy, it was fun to see him. LOVE Y´ALL SO MUCH!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,
    It is so fun to read Sister Ellingson's blog and feel of her lovely spirit!
    My daughter, Keilani Paul, played rugby with Kayla and is now serving her mission in Seoul South Korea. She would like to write Sister Ellingson a letter. Would you please send me a message on fb with a snail mail address so Sister Paul can drop her a line.

    Regards,

    Lena Paul

    ReplyDelete